Digitals of an Undergraduate

Chloe, 19 from Hertfordshire, UK. First year Digital Media Design student at Bournemouth University


1 Comment

Wiki Post – Designing our Web Application – 07/03/2015

Our first task to complete is to create a post on our group wiki account. We have to explain our project concept and include what will be created, research and our group member roles.
We have decided to design a House Finder website, where users can find housemates and a house to live in. We have decided to aim our website at students in the South of England as we feel like it is not too broad but not too small of an area.

We will create a database where users will have a username and password, once this has been created they can then make a profile of themselves and search any town in the South to find a housemate and/or house.

There will be a tab in the navigation bar that allows users to submit room details. There will also be a search page where users can then refine a search to rooms and people that are relevant to them. An example of this could be searching for a housemate in Bournemouth, who is male, looking for a five bedroom house under the price of £350 pcm.

Contact will be allowed between email addresses of the users.

Luke has been designing the layout for the website using CSS and PHP in Brackets. Terry and I have been looking at colours and logos to use for our website. For this we researched estate agents and took elements from their pages e.g colours and themes used. We will all continue to work as a team, allowing each members input into our work.


Leave a comment

Photo task #1 – Completed

So I have finally finished my first photo task set in Concept and Ideation. You can read what my first photo task was here.

Finished A-Z

Finished A-Z

 The theme I chose was travelling and I looked around my University room and found different objects from various countries and used my imagination to create naturally occurring letters from them. I used the camera on my iPhone 4s for this. After I had all of my letters, I uploaded them in Adobe Photoshop and used layers and masks to make sure they were aligned together.

I struggled with a few letters, as you can see some of them I had to improvise. (the V&W, S&T). I’m happy I chose this theme as I knew it would be challenging but I’m glad I did something a bit different.


2 Comments

Photo Task #2 – Introducing Temporal Expressions

Our next photo task in Concept and Ideation is all about Temporal Expressions.

The first task is to research “Space and Time” expressions within Art History.
The second task is to create a Joiner image (in the style of David Hockney), produce creative photo images which exploit long exposure, produce creative photo images which exploit short exposure and to look into tutorials on cinemagraph techniques and parallax 2.5D techniques all whilst using the “CYCLE” theme.

In my next post on this task I will be showing you my research.