My next task within the group project was the design the signs we would use for our homepage. We had the text already written explaining how you can upload a vacancy, searching for a room and how to create an account. I used Inkcape for these designs and made a house, a magnifying glass and a silhouette of two people. When I was researching estate agent sites, they used basic images and colours so I decided to stick with that theme and kept the images plain and bold. As a group, we decided to make them the same brown colour as our logo so it was matching, I felt if we added too many different colours we wouldn’t have a theme throughout our website.
Before I had created these, the site was originally a light blue, after our group meeting we decided to change the background colour to green as we felt the green linked with the nature of our ‘Southern Students’ website. This wasn’t a problem and we fixed it quickly. We also remembered that shades of green were most among other estate agent websites so it turned out good in the end.